Debt & Taxes
"Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership."
- Barack Hussein Obama, March 16th, 2006
“Driving up our national debt from $5 trillion dollars to $9 trillion is irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic.”
- Barack Hussein Obama, July 3rd, 2008
"The last thing you want to do is to raise taxes in the middle of a recession."
- Barack Hussein Obama, August 2009,
"It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largess of the public treasury. From that time on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the results that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship."
- Attributed to both Sir Alex Fraser Tytler and Alexis de Tocqueville
Tax Day Tea Party
Many disgruntled citizens took time and suffered a cool, drizzle, to protest the government's current direction, in downtown Willoughby, Ohio on April 15th, 2009.
The protest was covered by the News-Herald, thank you!
|"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labours of the people under the pretence of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
About Ornery's Digs
Political correctness will not be found at Ornery.net, so click off if you're a sensitive sole.
Appropriately dubbed ''ornery'' by my paternal grandmother several decades ago, never fail to live up to the moniker. Defined as: ''having an irritable disposition'' by Merriam-Webster and ''cantankerous, stubborn, and disagreeable'' by Wiktionary. Sounds about right.
This site would be a dot com instead of dot net, if the dot com domain hadn't already been taken by a very respectable author by the name of Orson Scott Card. His main site is Hatrack River, but he started another site called ''The Ornery American'', for the ''serious discussion about events, ideas, leaders, candidates, parties, principles, governments, religions, philosophies, and programs.'' He chose Ornery.Org and Ornery.Com for the domain. I'm thankful he didn't snatch Ornery.Net, and he's the first person I'll offer the dot net domain name when I'm done with it. Looking forward to the film adaptation of his book, ''Ender's Game'', which I consider to be true Sc-Fi, and very enjoyable as well.
Name is John Lawrence, born in 1957, married over 30 years, father of two boys. One attending the University of Cincinnatti, college of DAAP, and the other a senior at Mentor High. We reside in Mentor, Ohio.
Worked as a CNC machinist at Masco Machine in Highland Heights for over 20 years. Now at Midwest Machining Solutions in Eastlake for about 5 years. Dabbled on and off in construction throughout my life. Slap web pages together for friends and family in spare time:
I used to build computers, but it doesn't seem worthwhile now, with Dell selling complete systems, including 22'' monitors, for under $500.00 shipped. My main concern is bang for the buck, and Dell is impossible to beat in that regard. No idea what is the latest processor from Intel these days, let alone AMD. Overclocking is a faint memory...
Hobbies And Interests
- God: One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
- Christ: God's will made flesh.
- John 17:
- 21 ''that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
- 22 ''And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one:
- 23 ''I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.''
- Family: Married 1978. Waited till we could ''afford'' children without two incomes. First son, Braden, born 1985. Lisa left work to raise him at home. Second son, Eric, born 1991. Lisa back to work when he is in school for full day.
- Real Estate: Location, location... near work, shopping (with free parking), entertainment, freeway and interstate, on fair sized (1/2 acre), fully shaded lots, where there's no need to park on the street, or fear violent crime.
- Automobiles: Satisfied, pre-owned, Lincoln & Mercury buyer for decades. Safe, rugged, comfortable, easy and cheap to repair (no CV-joints, timing belts, MacPherson struts, electric radiator fans, or transmission shoe-horned under the hood). Classic, American designed, truck tough, full sized, full framed, four door, V8, with heavy duty rear wheel drive.
- Bicycles: Internal geared commuting bliss.
- LakeTran: Your tax dollars at work...
- Top U.S.News Stories